• Degree in conference interpretation from ETI (Ecole de Traduction et d’Interprétation – translation and interpretation school – University of Geneva) in 1983 www.unige.ch/eti.
• Practising conference interpreter since that date.
• Working languages: in simultaneous interpretation, English and German into French (and English “retour”); in consecutive interpretation, from German and English into French.
• Professional background:
– Specialization in the following areas: law (international organizations,
patents, international arbitration, criminology); finance (stock exchange, investments); medicine (specialized congresses, surgery, ophthalmology); international relations (French-German meetings);
science and technology (biology, nanotechnology, nuclear physics), and so on.
– Clients : Office Européen des Brevets Munich ; Arte Strasbourg ; CERN Genève ; Danone Paris ; Colloque Wright Genève ; Union Européenne de Radio-Télévision Genève, etc.
– References : Mme V. Vaucher, Genève ; Mme I. Vonow, Zurich ; Mme A. Perrot, Lausanne ; M. J-P Allain, Bangkok ; Mme B. Mallet, Genève ; Mme B. Moser-Mercer, Genève.
• Member of the International Association of Conference Interpreters (AIIC) since 1991 www.aiic.net.
• Member of the Quality Assessment Panel for interpreters at the European Patent Office.